Hamper.com is rated 4.72 stars by Reviews.co.uk based on 8872 merchant reviews
Hamper.com are proud to support Against Breast Cancer as our chosen charity.
Against Breast Cancer funds pioneering research into new treatments and tools for earlier diagnosis and advice to reduce the risk of recurrence and secondary spread. Working with expert scientists Against Breast Cancer want to increase the survival rates of all breast cancer patients and ultimately, discover a vaccine against breast cancer.
Breast Cancer in the UK Today
- Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer. It claims the lives of over 30 women every day
- Annually, around 55,200 women are diagnosed with breast cancer - that's more than 150 women daily
- An estimated 27% of female breast cancers are linked to lifestyle factors
What happens with the money raised?
- £5 buys 10 pairs of sterile laboratory gloves, 100ml of cell culture liquid or other laboratory consumables required for breast cancer research
- £10 buys 100 sterile pipette tips for transferring accurate amounts of liquids and cells during an experiment
- £50 pays for the assessment of properties of an anti-breast cancer antibody to help scientists determine if it can be useful in new treatments or to help vaccine design
- £1,250 covers the monthly salary of a PhD student at Oxford University
- £25,000 buys the latest scanner technology to screen patient blood samples for anti-breast cancer antibodies
Charity Launch Day - Wednesday 7th August 2019
To officially kick off our charity partnership with Against Breast Cancer, we will be donating 10% of all sales on Wednesday 7th August to the charity. The team, both in our workshop & our office will be doing their own bit to celebrate the launch with some even volunteering to dye their hair pink for the day, we will also be having a bake-off style competition with all proceeds going to Against Breast Cancer. . (Update: A very successful day and together we raised over £600)
The 'Pink Ribbon Hamper'
Hamper.com are excited to launch this glorious pink hamper on Monday 12th August in full support of Against Breast Cancer. For each hamper sold £5.00 of each sale will be donated directly to Against Breast Cancer charity.
We are happy to say we manage to keep waste to a bare minimum, any excess stock we are unable to use is donated directly to local food banks. Last Christmas alone we donated 600kgs of excess food stock to the Oxford Foodbank.
Didcot Casuals Girls Football Team
The local community is very important to us and we have sponsored girls football at Casuals Football Club throughout the huge growth in participation in women's football. The club is based a little more than two miles away from our head office at Milton Park and runs over 20 youth boys and girls football teams.